Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Family dogs

It's family pet time! I spent a good portion of my trip home photographing all the animals, and there are quite a few. First up: the dogs. My parents got their first collie about 18 years ago, and mom was hooked from there. A number of years later, mom joined the Collie Rescue League and constantly had new foster dogs in the house along with the family collies already in residence. There are currently no fosters in the house, but the two family dogs came from the league.

Jake, the older of the two. He had gone through about 7 homes before coming to us, so he wasn't in great shape and didn't trust people. My sister Janna (13 at the time I believe) worked hard with him through obedience training to help mold him into the sweet dog he is today. This is Janna's dandelion chain she placed on Jake; I think it stayed on for a full two minutes.
Dogs 1

Marggie, the younger. She loves to pose for the camera! (or at least she likes to sit still while people are paying attention to her) Mom played catch with her for a few minutes before she had had enough.
Dogs 1

Dogs 1

Dogs 1

Dogs 1

Dogs 1

No comments: